31 December 2008

Year In/End Review


It is twelve and a half hours till 2009. I am sick. I usually get sick, I mean really sick, once a year. This year, I will ring in the new year zoned out on cold meds and feeling like crap. But, this is not a marker of how my year has been. In fact, this has been a very good year for me. It did start on a low note- moving back to Mamou. I thought that if I moved away from Lafayette, I would be moving to New Orleans or New York or New Brunswick (hmmmm...I am seeing a pattern.) But after going through a slight depression I snapped out of it. I live in a great house. My company, Valcour Records won Offbeat Magazine's "Record Label of the Year" award and "Allons Boire Un Coup" won Offbeat's "Cajun Record of the Year." My friends and I put together, for the third year, a real community Mardi Gras run. I celebrated my second wedding anniversary. I turned 30 (ok so that is not a fun highlight.) Two new friends and I managed to create a international art exhibit about Acadian and Cajun music. I am getting more freelance work. America took a huge step and elected Obama presedent. It snowed. Cedric Watson's cd (a Valcour Records release) is nominated for a Grammy as well as Offbeat Magazine's "Cajun Record of the Year." It truely has been a good year. Shitty things happed too.....but I am not looking back on them. I am hopeful that 2009 will be just as good. I hope your year was a good one and I hope that 2009 is at least as good.

No comments: